We are always looking for energetic, personable people at every level of experience. We have exceptional training standards and commit ourselves to improving the right individuals to increase their knowledge and understanding in each aspect of our industry. We treat our staff as family and part of a valuable team, promoting those that work hard and show promise up through the ranks of the business.
The Angel Hotel - Reservationist
Full Time Reservationist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Reservationist to join our busy Sales & Marketing Department based at The Angel Hotel, Bury St Edmunds.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within a customer service department and have excellent communications skills – experience in the hospitality industry is essential and previous reception experience would be preferred.
This role will focus on sales and handling reservations for both of our 4 star properties. An excellent telephone manner, administration and computer skills are also essential for this opportunity as well as the need for flexibility as the role may mean that cover in other department is also necessary.
Hours will be 40 hours per week, and shifts will be varied between 8am and 7pm on a rota basis, to include Saturdays.
- To take bedroom, table, function and meeting reservations as per hotel procedure.
- To ensure all bookings are in the system accurately within the best of your knowledge.
- To maximise sales where possible through upselling and selling extras to packages, such as flowers, chocolates, spa treatments etc.
- To answer all telephone lines without delay.
- To check reservations ensuring the system is up to date and accurate, ensure all provisional bookings are confirmed.
- To chase all enquiries to ensure maximum conversion of bookings.
- To effectively communicate to the Reservations Manager any significant enquires, possible new corporates or any special requests made.
- To communicate issues or complaints to the Reservations Manager or Group Sales & Marketing Manager as required.
- To work closely with the Front Desk teams and ensure effective communication and support between Reservations and Front Desk.
- To proactively support the Operations team as required.
- To cover Reception or assist with a busy check-in or check-out as needed.
- Any reasonable duties required by the Reservations Manager or General Manager.
If you would like to be part of a passionate team who loves the industry and their hotels, please send a covering letter or email explaining why you should be considered for this role, along with details of your salary expectations and a current C.V for the attention of Fiona Bovill, Group Sales and Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Angel Hotel - Full & part time Waiting Staff
Required to join our professional award winning team at The Angel Hotel. This Georgian ivy-clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in the centre of Bury St Edmunds surprises with a twist of urban chic.
We are looking for experienced waiting staff to provide a high standard of service to our customers. Previous experience within hotels or restaurants is essential as well as a professional attitude and passion for the hospitality industry.
Full-time and part-time vacancies available. Approximately 35 hours per week to include evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
We are looking for fun, professional people to join our team so if you have a passion for the industry and feel you have the skills and experience to suit this role, please highlight full or part time and send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com
The Angel Hotel - Bar/cocktail staff
We are looking for experienced bar staff both full and part time for our prestigious wingspan bar. The ideal candiate for this position will have previous experience working within a bar or restaurant as well as a professional attitude and passion for the hospitality industry. The position will include evenings and weekends. To apply please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salthouse Harbour Hotel - Part time Receptionist
Required to join our professional award winning team at the Salthouse Harbour Hotel, we are looking for an organised, lively and enthusiastic person to join our Front of House Team.
We are looking for someone with a sparkling personality who can create a lasting impression and who has experience of working in a similar Front of House Receptionist role.
Duties will include handling guest’s requests appropriately, managing reservations, check-ins and check-outs using the computer system, and ensuring that personal presentation is in line with Gough Hotels standards at all times.
This is a part time vacancy, reporting to the Reception Manager. The role requires the candiadate to be flexible as the role will involve evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
You will be responsible for the smooth operation of the front desk, making sure customer service is of the highest standard at all times. You will show excellence in organisation.
Experience and duties will include:
- Previous Hotel Front of House Receptionist experience
- Local to Ipswich area preferred but not essential
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work flexible hours as per shift rotas which will include evenings and weekends
- Liaising with all departments on a day to day basis
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
If you would like to be part of a passionate team who love the industry and their hotel, please send a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role, enclosing a current CV to Kristina@salthouseharbour.co.uk.
Salthouse Harbour Hotel - Full Time Housekeeper
We are looking for a Full Time Housekeeper, working 5 out of 7 days to include weekends. Shifts are normally Mon – Fri 8.30am to 2pm, Saturdays 9am-2pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
Full training will be given.
- Rooms – To prepare rooms and service as per standards of procedures manual
- Laundry - Assist Head Housekeeper maintaining laundry records
- Laundry – Assist with packing and unpacking laundry on a daily basis
- To ensure a helpful, courteous attitude at all times anticipating and caring for all guests needs
- To establish good working relationships with management and colleagues
- To ensure correct standards of attendance, appearance conduct and personal hygiene
- To ensure prompt and tactful attention to customer complaints and refer without delay
- To handle guests requests appropriately
- Ensure safe storage and use of chemicals
- To take charge of housekeeping keys within your responsibility
- To adhere to fire regulations as set out in the staff handbook
- To adhere to C.O.S.H.H regulations, as set out in the staff handbook
- To adhere to health and safety regulations, as set out in the staff handbook
- To follow lost property procedures, as set out in the staff handbook
- To report any suspicious circumstances or persons to the Duty Manager immediately
- To follow all rules and regulations as set out in the staff handbook
To apply please send your current CV to email@example.com.
Salthouse Harbour Hotel - Full time Waiting Staff/Bar Staff
We are looking for experienced waiting staff to join our professional award winning team to help deliver high standards of service to our customers here at the Salthouse Harbour Hotel and Eaterie.
Previous experience within hotels or restaurants is essential as well as a professional attitude and passion for the hospitality industry. Approximately 35 hours per week to include evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
We are looking for fun, professional people to join us so if you have a passion for the industry and feel you have the skills and experience to suit this role then please highlight the position you are applying for and send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to Diogo Abreu, General Manager, via Diogo@salthouseharbour.co.uk
Southwold Pier - Chef / Fish Fryer
We have a great opportunity for a Fish Fryer with excellent customer service skills to carry out day to day frying with The Beach Café at Southwold Pier.
The role will involve working in a fast paced and rewarding environment. Organisation skills are very important for the role to be able to work well with the close knit team that serve in the Beach Café. Job roles will include prepping fish and sandwiches for the day as well as aiding in the running of the kitchen with the Beach Café manager and supervisor.
The environment of the Pier is fun as it is an attraction, which is why we try to push for our staff to be bubbly in personality and hard working to handle the volume. Wage will depend on experience however it is very competitive.
We are passionate about customer service and are looking for someone who shares the same value. The role is full-time, hours seasonal variation and will include bank holidays and weekends.
This is a fantastic opportunity so if you have a passion for the industry and feel you have the skills and experience to suit this role, then please send your C.V. and salary expectations with a cover letter.